I’ve had this recipe up on my computer for two weeks now and I finally got around to making it. 🙂 It is a very quick and easy Shrimp with Vermicelle Coreen Noodles. I don’t get these noodles in any markets near me that I know of and I was excited to see that Cost Plus was carrying it so I didn’t hesitate in grabbing me a bag. I wanted to make them so after some search I found She Knows and this tasty shrimp version. I topped my bowl with Sambal Oelek, actually after I took this picture I dumped a bunch more into it for some spiciness. This is a hit with the little ones 😉
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes | Total time: 22 minutes
- 10 medium to large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
- Olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 4 ounces green beans, sliced
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3.5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 3 cups vegetable broth (plus 1 cup more, if needed)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (or more)
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a saucepan with olive oil over medium heat, sauté the shrimp until they change color, about 1 minute.
- Add the Sriracha sauce, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- If you want more soup, add another cup of vegetable broth.