I found a very simple healthy recipe by Cooking Light using Tilapia, though this is not my favorite fish to cook with I avoid cooking it unless I’m ready to come back to it kind of fish. 😉 I didn’t do a sandwich as per recipe but rather just the fish with side of veggies and I added along side a dipping garlic butter sauce. It’s really good I would do it this way again. I think I would add an additional 1/2 spoons worth more of the spices indicated in recipe next time too. Dinner was done in less than an hour. I was so tempted to add oil to the fish when it was under the broiler because it just looked dry in the spices- but it does brown slightly under the broiler- leave it with just the cooking spray- get your health on. 😉
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Coat both sides of fish with cooking spray. Dredge fish in cornmeal mixture.
3. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
4. Combine butter, rind, and juice in a small bowl; stir well.
5. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture over cut side of each of 4 roll tops. Place 1 fillet, 1 tomato slice, and 1/4 cup lettuce on each of 4 roll bottoms. Place top halves of rolls on sandwiches.