I stumbled on this recipe while on Pinterest and it is not just pretty colorful but packed with flavors- variety of spices and topped with an avocado mix that brings all the different flavors together. I found this flavor packed recipe from Laylita’s Recipes I must have flavor in my food, it’s disappointing when I go to a restaurant that serves up food that is healthy yet so boring. Salt, pepper and lemon juice is just too easy and sounds so unappealing….make my mouth water. This recipe is pretty awesome, for the avocado mix- I grilled sweet onions instead of using purple and I also added just a tablespoon of my favorite lime flavored hot sauce. I baked my salmon at 350 for 20 minutes, I love the juices that keep inside my salmon when I bake it and why I prefer it over grilling. When I removed the fish from the oven I heat 1 tsp of oil and crisp the top of the salmon for 10 seconds on Med-High. I’m taking advantage of these hot summer days by cooking Fish continuously. 😉
click on this picture 🙂
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 mild hot peppers, seeded and deveined, diced or sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and this seasoning mix, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, hot peppers, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness.
- Serve the salmon topped with the avocado salsa, and with rice and patacones or thick green plantain chips on the side.