This is by far my favorite use of ripe bananas recipe. I think this is why I spend so much time browsing around on Pinterest there is always something that catches my fancy or that I can relate too 😉
This banana muffin recipe is moist and so tasty- I used 3 bananas one of them being really ripe and I cut back the sugar amount to 3/4 cup vs. 1 cup. I used Trader Joe’s 70% dark chocolate chopped and topped it with semi sweet chocolate chips, I also added a handful of peanut butter chips I wanted just a hint of peanut butter and it was perfect. I also mixed everything by hand- I find sometimes the mixing machines tend to over mix, I’m loving the results of by hand method. This recipe comes from Design and Decor :)) This one is hitting the rotation 😉
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 or 3 ripe bananas – I always use 3 bananas
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together until moistened.
- Pour into greased muffin baking tray or use muffin paper liners.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Recipe makes 12 muffins.
- Add chocolate chips to the tops on the muffins before baking.