Cod is my favorite fish, I love the butter like texture unfortunately I can’t always get this fish at the market but when I see it I take advantage of it. I found a quick, simple and tasty recipe from Food and Wine. Let this fish Marinate over night as indicated in the recipe it really soaks up all that flavor from the miso. I made Couscous with Peas along side with just tsp of 100% Spanish Olive Oil.
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1/2 cup white miso paste
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Six 6- to 7-ounce skinless black cod fillets, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Pickled ginger, for serving
- In a small saucepan, bring the mirin and sake to a boil. Whisk in the miso until dissolved. Add the sugar and cook over moderate heat, whisking, just until dissolved. Transfer the marinade to a large baking dish and let cool. Add the fish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Heat a grill pan and oil it. Scrape the marinade off the fish. Add the fish and cook over high heat until browned, about 2 minutes. Flip the fish onto a heavy rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, until flaky. Transfer to plates and serve with pickled ginger.
Spicy, full-bodied Gewürztraminer.