A savory breakfast for dinner an excellent Cooking Light Find. This takes less than 20 mins to make because most of it is canned ingredients. I can’t even imagine how tasty this is with freshly made ingredients, the next time I make home made Enchiladas I will be making this dish. 😉 To make this spicy add some hot spices to the salsa or hot sauce.
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Combine the tomatoes and enchilada sauce in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and juice. Set aside.
- Place water and beans in a microwave-safe bowl, and partially mash with a fork. Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until hot.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread about 1/3 cup beans over each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1 egg. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce around each egg; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese.
Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison, Cooking Light
- Calories: 340
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 15.7g
- Carbohydrate: 37.8g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 222mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 970mg
- Calcium: 153mg