I made a trip to the (buy in big bulk store AKA Costco) and purchased a rather large piece of Salmon and I’ve had to conjure up different ways to cook it this week, oddly enough I didn’t get tired of it. My recipes were so dramatically different in taste, texture and smell that it worked out perfectly to have Salmon for 3 days. My newest recipe find was this Salmon Croquettes, yet another fabulous recipe I found in Cooking Light! I love the nice crunch to the outside and salty yet creamy finish to these Croquettes. Low calories and rather filling on just two croquettes, I think the green onions, red bell peppers, egg and bread crumbs really make these patty’s quite filling. If your interested in trying my other awesome Salmon Recipes check them out: Bourbon Glazed Salmon, Misosayki Salmon, Asian Inspired Salmon, Salmon Cake Sandwich’s with watercress and Miso dressing and finally Smoked Salmon Bagel.
Don’t skip the Capers as they bring a nice salty finish to the dressing.
- 1/4 cup organic canola mayonnaise (such as Spectrum), divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) packages skinless, boneless pink salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped capers
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard, and next 7 ingredients (through egg), stirring well. Add panko; toss. Shape mixture into 8 (3-inch) patties.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 3. Combine remaining mayonnaise, juice, and mustard with parsley, capers, garlic, and salt, stirring well.
Ann Taylor Pittman, Cooking Light
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 9.7g
- Protein: 18.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 801mg
- Calcium: 16mg