Yes….I love to play with my food….can you blame me? It’s a food blogger thing…
Today is game day, that’s right Laker Game and what I hear was a really good tennis match this morning with Novak and Nadal, don’t click on this link if you haven’t seen the match yet. I made a repeat recipe for lunch today and it looks like maybe even a repeat for dinner….lol One of Cooking Light’s tasty Spicy-Poblano burgers. I love this damn burger it’s right up there with my favorite burger joint Umami Burger which is opening up in my neighborhood soon, I can’t be more excited about this news. I’m going to support your business Umami, you will be staying in my neighborhood for a long time because of me…hehe. 🙂
I had a craving for a snack and I remembered I came across a yummy fruit salad recipe in Cooking Light, it makes the perfect snack or breakfast meal. In Southern California the weather is always up and down during the winter months and since it’s been hanging around the upper 70’s to low 80’s lately I’ve been craving summer type meals. The two changes I made to this recipe was I used Greek Yogurt vs. the Vanilla it calls for and I didn’t have any almonds on hand so I went with Walnuts. Really tasty and filled my snack craving.
I had a lady ask me the other day how is it that I have two little ones and manage to look the way that I do. Besides weekly exercise I try and have healthy snack choices and keep my meals enriched with vegetables, low oil cooking and I try a variety of foods so I don’t get bored of the same foods. I don’t eat pure healthy foods as I do have sweet tooth cravings and I do eat sweets but it’s all about moderation, good healthy food choices and exercise for without all three getting to your goal weight would be impossible.
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 cups cubed pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Braeburn apple (about 1 large)
- 1 cup orange sections (about 2 oranges)
- 1 cup chopped peeled kiwi (about 2 large)
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine yogurt, honey, and lime rind in a small bowl.
- Combine pineapple and next 4 ingredients (through coconut) in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Just before serving, stir in banana. Top fruit mixture with yogurt sauce; sprinkle with almonds.
Martha Condra, Cooking Light
- Calories: 196
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.9g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Calcium: 111mg