Hungry for lunch? Don’t know what to eat? Yeah, lunch time really screws me up too, I never know what to eat as I like to keep my lunch meals really small because I invest my time on experimenting with creative dinners. Well, I found a great sandwich recipe from Cooking Light and as I’m always looking for ways to sneak Spinach in my meals this was a great addition along with sun dried tomatoes and it works out perfectly without the meat as well as a nice veggie version. If you’re interested in checking out other sandwich recipes I’ve tried before and loved than check out my Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Mozarella Chicken Sandwich , Black Pepper Pulled Molasses Sandwich or my Prosciutto, Fontina and Fig Panini Sandwich Recipes, all of them are amazing and are repeat recipes.
Aside from being a huge fan of other fabulous food bloggers I’m also a fan of little miss fashion blogger “Fashion Chalet.” She puts together really cute outfits and takes pictures of all her beautiful shoes, clothes and purses and makes the rest of us girls drool over her belongings. Now, I’m not someone that likes to shop, I use to love putting the cutest trendy outfits together it was fun and creative but I now just buy what I need. I’m a tom boy if you will and can live in my yoga pants and jeans but I still and will always have the biggest shoe fetish ever! I’m always looking at people’s shoes, it is an addiction of mine. Thanks to Fashion Chalet my addiction will never go away….haha. Fashion Chalet has some really awesome giveaways on her blog too and you must check out what she is giving away this week!!! Yes, I want to win that Balenciaga purse because I know I would never ever spend $1500 dollars on a purse….never! I rarely ever add purses to my collection just because if I don’t need it than why buy it but hey if I can win this really awesome purse I’d probably be carrying it around with me for many years before my next purchase…lol
click here and check her blog out now! and make this sandwich to enjoy while your reading her blog. 🙂
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (1-ounce) slices country-style Italian bread
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1. Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil, rosemary, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 4 teaspoons oil to pan. Add sun-dried tomato, red pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach barely wilts. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Cook chicken 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep pan on medium-high heat.
- 4. Top each of 4 bread slices with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1 chicken cutlet, one quarter of spinach mixture, 1 additional tablespoon cheese, and remaining 4 bread slices.
- 5. Recoat grill pan with cooking spray. Arrange 2 sandwiches in pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Cook 4 minutes on each side (leave skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat procedure with remaining 2 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half; serve immediately.
David Bonom, Cooking Light
Hands On: 40 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 414
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 35.5g
- Carbohydrate: 33.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 687mg
- Calcium: 114mg