I love that Cooking Light took the Cobb Salad and made it healthier with less calories! By doing this they took out the egg, the unhealthy cheese that normally goes in it and the heavy dressing. They replaced the ingredients by using Black Beans, Queso Fresco, Turkey instead of chicken, a more lean meat choice, Pico de Gallo and a very tasty light dressing. This is a definite recipe keeper along with my other favorite salads, check the recipes out:
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1. To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk; set aside.
2. To prepare salad, cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Increase heat to medium-high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle turkey with salt. Add turkey to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done.
3. Arrange 2 cups lettuce on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 2 teaspoons bacon, 5 tablespoons turkey, 2 tablespoons pico de gallo, 2 tablespoons avocado, 2 tablespoons queso fresco, 1 tablespoon onions, and about 1/3 cup beans. Drizzle vinaigrette evenly over salads.
- 13.6g (sat 2.5g,mono 7.2g,poly 3g)