I have found a new love and appreciation for salads, especially since trying out the Greek Salad. For some strange reason I crave a Martini after eating this. 🙂
I saw this one at Recipe Zaar and will make this weekly, I”m sure of it. 🙂
- 1 cup olive oil (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I just use the juice from 1 whole lemon)
- 2-4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 large romaine lettuce, chopped (or use 2 small)
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, cut in wedges (use Roma tomatoes)
- 1 English cucumber (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion, cut in slices
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut into rings or sliced) (optional)
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled (or to taste)
- 1 cup kalamata olive
For the dressing; in a processor or use a wire whisk process/whisk the olive oil with lemon juice, oregano, garlic, basil, red wine vinegar, salt and sugar until smooth (start with 2 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons oregano adding in more if desired after mixing).
Season with black pepper.
Chill in fridge for a couple of hours before using to blend flavors.
Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over; toss to combine.
If desired allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving, or you can refrigerate for 1 hour (tossing a few time during sitting time).