This was tasty but at the same time I felt like I was cheating to fry the chicken and add it to a salad. Don’t mater it was good! 🙂 Found this one at Southern Living.
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Buttermilk-Honey Dressing
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush buttermilk evenly over chicken.
Combine walnuts, breadcrumbs, and salt in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in mixture.
Pour oil into a large skillet; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices.
Combine salad greens and spinach, and arrange on each of 4 individual plates. Sprinkle with cheese, and top with tomato halves and chicken. Serve with Buttermilk-Honey Dressing on the side.