I love this dish, it is so full of flavor and I used Cooking Light‘s version which makes it less in calories than what you would order at any restaurant. I give it 5 stars! Definitely making this again, and it was quick and easy to make.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups bottled fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen Organic)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
Combine 2 tablespoons of Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Dip each chicken tender in egg white; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Set aside.
Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, pasta sauce, vinegar, and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave sauce mixture at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour the sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan and provolone cheese. Wrap handle of pan with foil, and broil 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- 308 (30% from fat)
- 10.4g (sat 5.7g,mono 3g,poly 0.6g)