This is so tasty and it’s from Cooking Light with only 294 calories! You must use chicken thighs when making this and not the breast as it is the most tender part of the chicken. It also suggest to use pork in replacement too. I used 100% whole grain bread extra thin for a more healthy dish. Don’t skip the pickles it is a really nice crunchy addition and the flavors incorporate really good together.
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 (2-ounce) sandwich rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 12 dill pickle chips
1. Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 23 minutes or until chicken is done and tender. Remove from heat; shred with 2 forks to measure 2 cups meat. Place 1/2 cup chicken on bottom half of each roll. Top each with 3 pickles and top half of roll.
Beer Note: Apricots are a popular fruit among brewers of beer, and for very good reason. Their distinctive fruity flavor is especially refreshing with grilled, spicy, and barbecue-style dishes. Magic Hat #9 from Vermont ($8/6-pack) has more subtle apricot notes, finishing crisp and dry. —Jeffery Lindenmuth