Ooooh….this was so good….
I used a Graham Cracker Crust- just mashed graham crackers with melted butter, vanilla extract and 3 TB of sugar.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl
1 deep dish pie crust (frozen or make your own)
¾ cup canned dulce de leche (about- maybe a little less)
2 large eggs
One 15oz. can of pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin-pie filling)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbs flour
1 Tbs pure vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¾ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
12 ounce can evaporated milk
whipped cream and toffee bits for garnish, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place rack on bottom.
2. Press piecrust into a deep-dish pie pan (or remove frozen pie crust from freezer).
3. Scoop dulce de leche into glass bowl and microwave about 20 seconds to soften it up a bit. Spoon dollops of dulce de leche into the piecrust. Evenly spread the caramel all the way to the edges.
4. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in pumpkin and next 7 ingredients until smooth. Whisk in milk. Pour filling on top of the caramel and place pan on a baking sheet to catch any caramel that may bubble out.
5. Bake on bottom oven rack for about 50 minutes (center should jiggle just slightly). Cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream and toffee bits, if desired.