You can’t have Korean BBQ without the Kimchi, these two go together like Peanut butter and Chocolate. So, don’t forget to add this one to your grocery list as you’re out picking up the ingredients to make the Korean BBQ.
- 14 cups coarsely chopped napa cabbage (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sambal oelek or Thai chile paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
Place cabbage and salt in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine. Weigh down cabbage with another bowl. Let stand at room temperature 3 hours, tossing occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain and squeeze dry.
Combine cabbage, sesame seeds, and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.