I’ve made a similar salad to this before except usingdark greens Apple and dried cherries. The use of shallots really brings this salad together. I’ve learned when it comes to salads always make your own dressing, it is much healthier and you can limit the salt content unlike the store bought kind. I got this recipe from Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula leaves
- 2 Bosc pears, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add arugula and pears to bowl; toss to coat. Place about 1 1/2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon walnuts.