For me, Shrimp doesn’t taste good unless it has some nice smoked paprika in it.
Grabbed this recipe from this months edition of Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- Cooking spray
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine first 7 ingredients. Combine oil and shrimp in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Sprinkle spice mixture over shrimp; toss to coat. Thread shrimp evenly onto 8 (8-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes or until done, turning once.
Fruit salsa: Combine 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple, 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, and 2 teaspoons cider vinegar.