I’m not the biggest fan of preparing or cutting up pork, the smell of the uncooked meat bothers me but I wanted to give this a try seeing that there were 74 excellent reviews to this recipe. I have to admit this is the best BBQ Pork recipe I’ve ever come across. Simply delicious, tasty, finger licking good! One of Cooking Light’s Best…
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 pounds boneless Boston butt pork roast, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Place pork and marinade in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
Add broth to sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Shred pork with 2 forks; serve with sauce.