I found a tasty recipe at my most used magazine collection of Cooking Light. This is actually a recipe for what to do with your left over Thanksgiving Turkey. I’m loving this recipe so much, it’s the combination of cheese, bread crumbs, potato and turkey that makes this delicious Turkey Cake so yummy. I added to this meal a tablespoon of Orange Marmalade in replacement of the cranberry sauce. 🙂
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups mashed cooked baking potatoes
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Combine mushroom mixture, turkey, potatoes, 1/4 cup panko, cheese, onions, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Dredge patties in remaining 1/2 cup panko.
2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 patties; cook 2 minutes on each side. Repeat procedure with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining 4 patties.