This is such a yummy little gourmet type corned beef sandwich. The perfect quick lunch at home. The dressing is delicious! Sauerkraut…dill pickles…swiss cheese…it’s all good. I used Russian Rye for the bread.
I nabbed this recipe from Cooking Light
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely minced dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices rye bread
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, shaved (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 ounces lower-sodium corned beef, thinly sliced (such as Boar’s Head corned beef, top round, cap-off)
- 1 cup organic sauerkraut, drained well
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. To prepare dressing, combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 3. To prepare sandwiches, place bread slices in a single layer on a heavy baking sheet. Broil bread 1 1/2 minutes or until toasted. Turn bread over; broil for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Remove 4 slices. Divide cheese evenly among remaining 4 slices, sprinkling it over lightly toasted sides. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing over the cheese-coated side of each bread slice; top each serving with 1 ounce corned beef, 1/4 cup sauerkraut, and remaining bread slices. Serve immediately.
Julianna Grimes, Cooking Light
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 19.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 790mg
- Calcium: 212mg